POEM: BENT BY OJOR NNEKA.S

They say I'm a woman; I bend, I don't break
But driving home this evening, I wish I could, life is no piece of cake
I got married to Jake, beside a shallow lake, middle east Nigeria
We had a three weeks honeymoon afterwards, in USA Virginia

Everything seemed like a love song on rewind; no drama, no ache no promises left vague
But then things started to change, six years now. Marriage has turned to a sea of hate
Did I marry a fake. I'm I being forsaken for goodness sakes
I can't last a decade help me. I can't wake everyday and take this ache

They say for better for worse, in the day and at night we should hold each other
In sickness, in health, in the storm in the rain we should stay together
No one thinks of the pain, no one else hears the thunder.
No one but me, no not one sees his blunders

So I open the door, I see Jake sleeping in his own alcohol
I look up for peace, love or help I see none at all
I walk to him, pick his coat and adjust his head on the rug
Afterall, I'm a woman; I don't break, I bend at all cost

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SELFLESSNESS