POEM: COMET

I met a guy as brief as the comet
So beautiful to experience, so amazing I'm honest
He shone when he spoke and for his heart I longet
But still he was brief like the sun in the rain forest

So tell me heart, why you long for what's not everlasting
Why I think of him when I know forever is not forthcoming
Tell me why he makes my heart beat faster and slower at the same rate
I met a guy as brief as the comet, thats my damn fate

So I sit back and all I have are my thoughts
My daydreams, his words, our memories, I'm caught
Well what can I do than stop myself from getting hurt
I met a guy as brief as the comet, my heart I cast lot

But so what, I'll still look up to the sky
The comet always comes back be it day or nigh'
I'll still smile and hope he'll still be mine
Though he is as brief as a comet, I love this guy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SELFLESSNESS