GUYS; MEET THE CHECKLIST GIRL


In Economics, I was thought that the average being is insatiable i.e cannot be satisfied so because of the insatiability we have choice, wants, opportunity cost and scale of preference. We have to make a list of our wants arranging them according to the most preferable make a choice to forego some at the cost of the most important. So I look at an average girl and I remember Economics because we all want Mr. Perfect, prince charming. We all want the best guys. We want him to have a brain like Einstein’s and pull a style like Justin Timberlake or some fancy celebrity, effortlessly handsome, speak four to five foreign languages fluently, body like he was photoshopped, tall, nice, mature, educated, spontaneous, romantic bla bla woof woof to summarize it all we want him to be perfect not one flicker of imperfection. But let’s face it; we are in a world surrounded by imperfection of different dimension. i mean we have eyes and they function and walking on the street or driving to work we see a lot of not so perfect beings just like us. So we are forced to have a checklist, at least if we can have it all we can have the most important according to what our preferences are. So we make our wants in a guy and draw it according to our most preferable, forego the least important qualities and make our checklist. So I asked some girls on my contact list what their checklist is like and well; I got some answers   

FEMALE 1: 
1. Good looks (You know the whole package)
2. He must be taller than me
3. Intelligent
4. Street wise
5. Trustworthy
6. Social
7. Understanding
8. Supportive
9. Ambitious
10. romantic
ME:  
Have you ever dated any guy with all these qualities?
FEMALE 1:
Well my boyfriend has eight and a half over ten (Well the answer’s no)
ME:
(Lol) which one is missing 
FEMALE 1:
The social skills and half of the good looks
(Well……………….he’s ugly and has no social life…..great)

FEMALE 2:
1. Strong character
2. Honest
3. Loyal
4. Sense of humor
5. Godly
6. Clean (No body odor whatsoever)
7. Hardworking
8. Respect for me
9. Financially stable
10. Humble
(Well……..my granddad’s available)
ME:
Have you ever dated any guy with these qualities?
FEMALE 2
Nene; we both know all the guys I’ve dated possess none of these qualities. Well……my recent ex possessed 2 and 6

FEMALE 3
1. Great relationship with God
2. Most be taller than me (said the 5.10” girl)
3. Fine face and a great body
4. Bright future
5. Wisdom and understanding
6. Generous
7. A great lover 
8. Supportive and optimistic
9. A lovely voice {????????}
10. A gentleman
ME:
Have you ever dated any guy with these qualities?
FEMALE 3:
Well………lol…….he’s still on the way

I got six or more responses and none of the girls have dated any guy with all the qualities on their little checklist. My point exactly? No matter how short our checklist is we cannot find someone that can satisfy all of our every desire. He may not be Mr. Perfect as they say but it’s not reasonable to dump him cause he’s an 8/10 or a 7/10. Some things like maturity and financial stability develop with time. Its life we don’t always get ‘everything’ we want. Stupid seeing a girl who dumped her boyfriend because he had a bad standing posture or she found someone taller. I know we should leave the good for the better but how are we not sure the better we think is gonna turn out bad then we’ll have to leave and maybe fall into the hands of worse then we’ll run back and look for the good we dumped and find him with someone good enough for him. Trust me; you don’t want that to be your story. So……let’s see; what does a checklist look like?


I WANT HIM TO BE TALL AND BUILT
Some girls be like: Oh I want a tall guy, they make me feel little like a doll. I want him to be at least 6.2” or 6.3”……I can manage a 6.1” but preferably a 6.2”. I want him to have a body like the Greek god Zeus. 6, 8………..parks. I don’t want man boobs ugh! Or pot belly. I want him to have guns you know real ones that he wont have to make a fist for them to come out. I want a man that can lift me up with one hand…..biceps all over testosterone flying left and right and it goes on and on and on…. you can as well date incredible hulk or king kong. Yes! Every girl wants a tall built guy….. I don’t think I’ve met a girl that would say she likes short guys we like them chiseled even if we don’t workout or eat healthy. So when a short or fat or short and fat guy approaches you…….us we turn them down irrespective of the other features. Then we say the good guys have all been taken. I’m not saying date him I’m saying give him a chance at least. He may not be that bad after all. Merci isn’t that tall but I’ll marry that guy if he comes to me with a ring. Tall built guys...Well most of them are vain, cheesy, and cocky…..and no one wants that. So he may not be your type but give the hobbit a chance 

I WANT HIM TO BE HANDSOME
Oh! I’ve heard this one in particular a zillion times. I like them handsome, goodlooking. I don’t want to be embarrassed by his looks or his face. I want to be able to show him off and have girls pinch the other guy and be like “damn who is that” not “Oh my what the f@*k is that”. Well…..sounds like someone we girls want. We all want a good looking guy but seriously have you walked the streets of Ibadan, Lagos……….or any where. Now that ASUU has made us all idle. I want you to take a sheet of paper out. For every handsome guy you see put + for every not so good looking guy you see put – now count the number of + cause they would be easier to count. What have you got? 10 out of 100…….8 out of 100…….2 out of 100 okay maybe 20 out of 100 they are not so much. Yeah I deserve the best I know that’s what’s going on in your head but looks is not all. Looks doesn’t define someone. We’ve met people and at times the most incredible people we know aren’t incredibly good looking and some good looking people we know have some nauseating behaviors. That’s why the English man called it hand some. There’s just a hand full of them that is some of them. So don’t dump Shrek; he may not be “fine” but he might be funny, caring, tall, spontaneous, and ambitious. Seriously are you gonna let that all go because the cover is made of brown paper?

I WANT HIM TO BE SUCCESSFUL AND RESPONSIBLE
We all want a successful guy. A guy who earns at least a high five figure monthly, who would never shout at me, make me feel secured, help me with whatever issue I have, stand up from a soccer match cause of me, listen to me, end a man date cause he wants to spend time with me and the demands go on and on and on….. You see that’s the problem a lot of girls have that’s why they fall into the wrong hands. Nobody wants an ambitious guy they can grow with they all want a successful guy regardless of the source. We all aren’t new to the stories of girls who have fallen victim of some greedy guys cause of their greed. Except if the guys your dad’s age or he is into something else or maybe if he has wealthy parents you don’t expect a guy in his twenties to give you twenty thousand weekly. Don’t be unreasonable, go for the ambitious one. Success and responsibility comes with time. He might not leave his game for you or forget the plans you made. He might forget to put down the toilet lid or leave the tap running. But guys are two years younger when compared to a girl their age. Psychology has it. So some things come with time; not immediately. Chill…..

Well..that’s all for today. So let’s be reasonable even if he doesn’t meet your checklist or half of it. At times the heart leads no matter what you have in your head.…. More write-ups to come……..afternoon readers :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SELFLESSNESS